Friday, September 18, 2015

Nana Terri and Gramps Blaze Tie the Knot




Hi Rosie and Joey, 

I know I promised you two stories this week, and I put one Princess Rosie and one Kid Joey up today, but I thought you might like to see some of my wedding pictures from last weekend, that you might like to see what Gramps Blaze actually looks like, and read a little about our wedding ceremony and I'll explain it to you.  You will like Gramps Blaze.  He is very nice and can be funny.  I don't know when we will be able to visit in person, because we are still saving up to buy a car of our own, but we hope it will be by springtime.  

We had a very small wedding, mostly Winnie and Linda, JP and Christine, Ashlyn and Alex and a very few friends.  

Our ceremony was nice.  Gramps Blaze and I made special promises to each other, and with each promise a strip of material was laid over our hands until all six promises were made.  Then the lady who performed our wedding tied the strips around our hands into a knot.  That is called a hand-fasting, and ties Gramps Blaze and me together forever.  It looked like this:  




It looked like this once it was tied:  





Gramps Blaze and I exchanged very nice rings that look like this:  




At the end of the ceremony, the groom kisses the bride:  




And Gramps Blaze and Nana Terri live happily ever after.  

After the ceremony we had some food, and a little wine to toast our marriage (that's like special good luck wishes that are made, and you sip a special wine called champagne). 




We shared a piece of wedding cake.  




And we very, very carefully (we both have booboos in our feet) had a very slow dance.  


And then Winnie and Linda (on the right side of the picture) and Jorge and Nicole (on the left side of the picture) decided to dance too.  



We are still living in the same place I lived in before.  Winnie and Linda put a little kitchen in it, and it's just perfect for Gramps Blaze and me.  Gramps Blaze is a writer like me, and a publisher as well.  We spend a lot of time writing stories and books, and we keep each other company and love each other very much.  


This is the very nice lady who performed our ceremony - her name is Patty:  





This is Ashlyn.  She took almost all of the pictures, except this one, of course.  She will be graduating high school this spring.  I can't believe she's all grown up! 



I hope you like the pictures and my wedding story.  I will have another Princess Rosie story and Kid Joey story to put on the blog next weekend.  I hope you like those too.  

Gramps Blaze says hi and sends you hugs and kisses.  And so do Winnie and Linda and the whole family here. 

I love you very much, and send even more hugs and kisses.  

I hope you're having a fun weekend!  
Love you,
Nana


No comments:

Post a Comment